|The Ezekiel 38 and Psalm 83 Prophecies/Part 5|
|By: John G Weldon, PhD; ©2011|
|Many Israelis today are hoping for a potential Russian/US alliance that will protect them from Iran, but this would comprise the same fatal mistake ancient Israel made in trusting their protection to alliances with surrounding pagan nations rather than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who called them as a people for His own pleasure and possession. He is the only one who can protect them, no one else.|
The Ezekiel 38/Psalm 83 Prophecies: Russia, Iran and Muslim Nations in Biblical Prophecy
Back to the Future
Many Israelis today are hoping for a potential Russian/US alliance that will protect them from Iran, but this would comprise the same fatal mistake ancient Israel made in trusting their protection to alliances with surrounding pagan nations rather than the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God who called them as a people for His own pleasure and possession. He is the only one who can protect them, no one else. For Israel to place her whole trust in America, Russia, or anyone else apart from God, will only result in frustration, betrayal or worse:
- "It is no secret that Russia has played a role of enabler to Iran, which has risen to the top of the list of rogue states that threaten to bring great destabilization to the current world order…. As one American diplomat put it, this business is a 'giant hook in Russia's jaw.'" What? -- The American diplomat said, "This business is a 'giant hook in Russia's jaw.'" That's right, the diplomat used a phrase right out of Bible prophecy to describe Russia's current role with Iran.”
Indeed, there are many reasons why "Russia should help out her Muslim friends by leading them in an overwhelming invasion of Israel in order to solve the Middle East Conflict in favor of the Islamic nations." And as we have seen, Iran has its own reasons for involvement, e.g.: "Historically and traditionally, Iran believes that Iraq belongs to them as well as many other countries in the Middle East (including Israel). They desire the glory of the former Persian Empire (one of the largest empires of history in terms of geography) to be restored."
Iranian eschatology suggests that as soon as Iran has nuclear weapons, at the opportune moment, she is likely to attack Israel, Europe and America. Israel will be forced to attack Iran before it goes nuclear. It is also likely that the Israeli attack upon Iran could lead to a much broader Mideast war (conceivably a Mideast war could also occur before Iran can secure nuclear weapons and before an Israeli attack to destroy them). Regardless, at some point a major Middle East war will break out, and a number of military and political commentators have suggested 2011 as being likely. It may also be wise to remember that God has protected Israel and given the nation victory in every Arab-Israeli war to this point.
However, this coming war just might be that war in which the Arab nations are defeated decisively, more than ever before, so much so that Israel's geographical borders expand greatly, up to 10 times their present size (the borders God originally gave to Israel in Genesis 15:18-19), creating an Israeli mini-superpower state – and then, for the first time, Israel would live securely in peace, apparently laying the foundation for the Gog and Magog war of Ezekiel 38-39 that occurs sometime after. Genesis 15:18, Psalm 83, parts of Isaiah 17/Obadiah 1, and Ezekiel 37 may all be applicable. Sooner or later, it appears that the Muslim nations of Psalm 83, Obadiah 1 and Isaiah 17 are destined for divine judgment.
Further as prophecy expert Dr. Mark Hitchcock points out, there is also another scenario: "If Israel were to hit Iran, and widespread violence were to erupt in the region, it’s easy to see how the peace treaty of Daniel 9:27 could be the only viable solution. Also, any Israeli attack on Iran would intensify the already venomous hatred that the mullah regime in Iran harbors against Israel and fuel the desire for revenge. One could easily envision Iran, with the help of Russia, staging the kind of retaliatory attack against Israel that is predicted in Ezekiel 38."
- ↑ America's absence in prophecy, given current conditions, might indicate that America has become a fourth rate (or worse) nation through financial collapse, an energy crisis, Civil War or some type of terror attack including a nuclear/EMP attack, biological, cyber, etc.
- ↑ Dr. Thomas Ice, “Russia, Iran and War with Israel,” http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/view/russia-iran-and-war-with-israel, citing Mortimer B. Zuckerman, "Moscow's Mad Gamble," U. S. News & World Report, Internet Edition (Jan. 30, 2006), p. 1.
- ↑ Ibid, http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/view/russia-iran-and-war-with-israel
- ↑ "the Bible and Historical Facts about Iran," http://www.pre-trib.org/articles/view/bible-and-historical-facts-about-iran.
- ↑ Mark Hitchcock, Archive for Category Iran, Ezekiel 38-39; Wall Street Journal Warning: Israel Will Attack Iran, August 31, 2009; http://marklhitchcock.com/category/iran-ezekiel-38-39/.