Center for Spiritual Awareness, Christian Spiritual Alliance
By: The John Ankerberg Show
|By: Dr. John Ankerberg, Dr. John Weldon; ©1999|
|Roy E. Davis-The Center for Spiritual Awareness claims to be a vanguard movement for the New Age of enlightenment.|
Roy E. Davis-Center for Spiritual Awareness, Christian Spiritual Alliance
- Info at a Glance
- Name: Roy Eugene Davis and the Center for Spiritual Awareness/Christian Spiritual Alliance (CSA).
- Purpose: To serve as a catalyst for ushering in the “New Age.”
- Founder: Roy Eugene Davis.
- Source of authority: The writings of Paramahansa Yogananda, Roy Davis, Masaharu Taniguichi and various New Thought writers.
- Revealed teachings: Yes.
- Claim: To be a vanguard movement for the New Age of enlightenment.
- Examples of occult potential: Meditation; psychic development.
- Key literature: Various books by Roy Eugene Davis: This Is Reality; :Time Space and Circumstance; Creative Imagination; With God We Can; :The Vision of Light.
- Attitude toward Christianity: Rejecting
- “To those who need Jesus as a god, the virgin birth concept helps them maintain their illusions” (Roy Eugene Davis, The Hidden Teachings of Jesus Revealed, p. 51).
- “We are all incarnations of God”; “We are what God is” (Davis, Truth Journal, DecemberJanuary 1977-1978, p. 5; With God We Can, p. 213).
- Doctrinal Summary
- God: Brahman; impersonal energy.
- Jesus: A man who attained realization of oneness with Spirit.
- The Christ: A state of mystical consciousness.
- The Holy Spirit: Creative vibration/Lord Shiva.
- The Trinity: Being, Consciousness, Bliss; Brahma, Vishu, Shiva.
- Salvation: By occult meditation and higher consciousness.
- Man: Inwardly divine.
- Sin: Error; lower consciousness.
- Satan: Illusion or maya.
- The Second Coming: Awakening in higher consciousness.
- The Fall: Into matter.
- The Bible: A usable source of information when interpreted mystically.
- Death: Transition to the next life or level of spiritual advancement.
- Heaven and Hell: Higher or lower states of mind.